November is here, the year is almost over and the holidays are approaching. With so much to do this month, even the best reading habits can fall by the wayside.
Here are 5 ways to keep you and your kiddos engaged with reading this month:
1. Choose to read books all about giving thanks. Pull all your books about being thankful and giving thanks and pack them away with your November and Thanksgiving home decor so they are the special books you read each November.
2. Keep a journal together and write down one thing you are thankful for each day this month. Pack the journal away with your November books and enjoy reading it again in a year.
3. Build a teepee on your bed or in your room. You can talk all about the history of Thanksgiving and Native Americans. Use this cozy place to read your books all month as well.
4. Read books about history this month. The Who Was series are great books to read all about famous people, places and events in history.
5. Write a story about your family members and your family history. Plan to share your story at Thanksgiving this year.
Last but not least, it's all about routine. Stick to your routines and nighttime schedules so you don't miss out on reading!